This post is for you if you’re Egyptian moving to Berling soon and you already got the Visa and will be there in a few days, some helper links and website will help you survive the first weeks, and I believe you’ll then figure everything out.
General Community Facebook Groups
- Egyptian Techies In Germany 👩🏻💻👨🏻💻 This group is for people who only work in tech in Germany, Usually the discussion there about tech stuff and questions about jobs, vacancies, Interview process, Blue card (Residence) papers and many other things, basically this one of the most important places you should be there.
- Egyptians in Berlin 🇪🇬 This group has all the Egyptians living in Berlin i think, the discussion there is more General, Asking about food 😋, sharing apartments, outings, sharing governmental announcement ..etc This group has all the Egyptians living in Berlin I think, the discussion there is more General, Asking about food 😋, sharing apartments, outings, sharing governmental announcement ..etc
- Egyptians in Germany Wiki 🏆 First time I’ve visited this website, I was like Wow 😲, so many useful information listed in a very organized way, talking about almost everything, You will find even what kind of clothes you need in Berlin’s Winter ❄️.
There’re a lot of banks and money transfer options I’m listing down in my opinion very essential to everyone.
Vivid Money is very nice bank and you can easily open an account there before getting you resident permit(which will take sometime) with just the visa, you can easily open it to get your first salary quick and hassle free and i also like there UI/UX.
- N26 Bank
The most famous online bank in Europe 🇪🇺, You can easily open an account in this bank even you’re still in Egypt but you should know an address here to receive your card there. you just need to make a verification video call with your passport next to you 😊
If your family still in Egypt and or any of your beloved ones you will definitely sometime need to transfer money to them 💸. This is one of the easiest, most reliable solutions, they have a very neat mobile app, you can easily transfer money in 5 mins with a good rate. Money usually takes 2 days to be in Cairo.
Food 🧆 🥩
- Best Halal Restaurant in Berlin If you’re eating strictly Halal Food this list should be your friend, even if you’re not still one of the most famous and good restaurants in Berlin
- Order Halal food from home But If you’re going to cook at home, you can order everything from here.
If you’re looking for an apartment short-term or long-term those websites might help.
- The Local Germany “The Local is the largest English-language news network in Europe, with 6 million readers every month. Our entertaining blend of daily news, practical guides, business updates, and lifestyle features has made the site essential reading for English speakers across Europe.
- 20% Berlin to stay informed about Berlin news, politics and infrastructure and to become part of a growing community with a common interest: Germany’s capital and our home.
- Amal Berlin Arabic website sharing the news about Berlin and Germany.
In the end: all of these links are just a key introduction to the city in the first weeks and you’ll explore more yourself, if there any feedback or comments/suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.